I've been on a Rawr kick for quite some time now. Rawr's Superfoods drink mix is an incredibly simple way to optimize your diet without putting forth too much time and effort. Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning is one of the best things you can do for yourself, but infuse it with Rawr Superfoods and you get a tangible burst of energy and ease of mind knowing you took in some nutrients your body is going to use. However, with a little creativity you can go further than just a simple, yet delicious, nutritious drink. I've experimented with several different snacks with Rawr, but this one is by far the most enjoyable. Honey Hemp Nugs is the name they have been deemed. Rightfully so when you put them in your snack bag appearing to be carrying around something slightly more illegal than a granola bar. We are so psyched on these little guys. Don't be discouraged by the amount of ingredients. This is a super simple recipe with very inexpensive ingredients and takes only about TEN minutes to do. Give it a whirl and let us know how you like them!
1 3/4 cups quick cook oats
1 1/3 cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts and shelled pumpkin seeds)
2/3 cup of HEMP seeds
1 1/2 scoops of Rawr Superfoods
1/2-3/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter etc...)
1/2 cup Rawr Honey
1 3/4 tsp vanilla
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Put peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave it for 30 seconds to make everything nice and spreadable.
3. Pour in honey mixture and stir it into the dry mixture.
4. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, coat paper thinly with butter (we used Kerrygold grass fed butter) and pour in the mixture. Press it down with your hands firmly and as evenly as possible.
5. Refrigerate the granola for at least an hour. Then cut it up in the size you desired. You can keep them in the fridge or place them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. You don't have to defrost them out of the freezer. Just grab and eat.
The bars should be firm and not super sticky. Once you cut them up, you shouldn't have to individually wrap them if you don't want to.